Windows Sidebar is a desktop component that is open to use in Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008. It is identical to a taskbar, it is a side panel that is tall and vertical and is present on the desktop comprising mini-programs summoned as “gadgets.” The goal of a gadget is to deliver speedy and convenient data, and recreation and give credentials to continually used tools.
The primary objective of the Windows Sidebar is to provide rapid access to the extensively often operated tools and programs straight through the desktop. The utility of the Sidebar program maintains a trail of the user’s inclinations and saves the changes.
What is the Windows Sidebar Program Windows 7?
Here the question arises what is the Sidebar program and what utilities does it provide in the gadgets?
- “Gadgets” are the objects that exist in the sidebar, and gadgets can possess utilities such as the:
- A Calculator, to make the calculation fast without wasting time for several clicks.
- A Calendar, to check out the date and schedule accordingly within no time.
- A Clock, displaying various time zones at the same time.
- The option of Weather also exists in the sidebar to get the weather update instantly.
- A Media player plays media files immediately within no period.
- A CPU meter that measures the amount of RAM getting utilized by the computer and the pressure on the computer’s processor.
- Headlines can also be accessed in the sidebar.
- Slideshows are visible.
- Mini puzzle games are also present in the sidebar.
An interesting feature is that a user can also customize the sidebar and can put in gadgets from the Internet to his preference. The sidebar comes out to be worthwhile when a tool is used frequently, without it being positioned on the desktop or taskbar, the user can reach it effortlessly through the Sidebar.
How to Download Sidebar Program Windows 7?
There are two ways to download and install Sidebar Program on your PC. One is to install it manually while the other is through the Windows Store. Following is a guide on how to install the software.
Install the App Manually:
- Download the Windows 7 Sidebar installation file from the link given on this page.
- Select the Save option or Save to download the this program.
- After selecting the Save option, the program file will be saved in your Downloads folder.
- If you select Save as, you can choose where to save it, like on the desktop of a computer.
- After the downloading process is completed, click the .exe file twice to proceed with the Installation process.
- Then you have to follow the windows installation instructions that pop up on your screen until it gets finished.
- The icon will come up on your Desktop now.
Features of Sidebar Program Windows 7:
New features have been incorporated in Windows 7 like the improvements in touch, speech, and handwriting distinction, its approval for virtual hard disks, support for the additional file formats, enhanced execution on multi-core processors, improved boot rendition, and kernel modifications.
- Approval for themes has been opened in Windows 7. A fresh theme pack attachment has been brought up, which is an exhibition of cabinet files that contains theme resources comprising background pictures, color choices, desktop icons, mouse cursors along with sound schemes.
- Windows 7 has introduced a desktop slideshow element that occasionally switches the desktop wallpaper after a certain period determined by the user.
- Windows 7 has enhanced the Tablet PC Input Panel to correct fastly by the use of new gestures, helping by providing text prediction in the soft keyboard. It has also introduced a unique Math Input Panel for inputting math into programs that support Math.
The Windows Sidebar Program is a panel that can be locked, it’s on the Windows Vista desktop, parallel to the Windows Taskbar, it can host and organize mini-applications that are known as “gadgets“. Nonetheless, if a gadget is positioned on the Windows 7 desktop, you can snarl them to the sides and corners of the desktop. In actuality, you can line them up simply as if they were positioned in the bar receptacle like in Windows Vista and they will snap further as well.